The Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board conducts the Super TET for recruitment of primary (Class 1 to 5th) & secondary (Class 6th to 8th) teachers to the state-level government schools. Before filling out the application form, candidates must be aware of the eligibility requirements of Super TET. In this article, we have mentioned all the necessary eligibility norms for ease of all the applicants:
Essential Educational Qualification Required
There are separate eligibility requirements for candidates applying for primary level (i.e., for class 1st to 5th ) and secondary level (i.e., for Class 6th to 8th).
So, Kindly check your eligibility depending on the classes you are applying for.
Eligibility for Primary Level (Class 1st to 5th)
- Completed Intermediate with 50% marks and must possess 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education. OR
- Completed Intermediate with 50% marks and must possess Diploma in Elementary Education (2 Years). OR
- Completed Intermediate with 50% marks and must have cleared the final exam of Diploma in Education (2 Years). OR
- The candidate must have graduated from a university recognized by UGC with a Diploma in Elementary Education (2-Year course). OR
- Candidates must have graduated from a university recognized by UGC and must have a B.Ed degree from a UGC-recognized university/institute.
Eligibility for Secondary Level (Class 6th to 8th)
- Candidates must have graduated from a university recognized by UGC and must have qualified Special BTC training from NCTE. OR
- Must have completed Bachelor’s Degree from UGC-recognized University with 50% marks and B.Ed Special Education from Rehabilitation Council of India. OR
- Must have completed Intermediate with 50% marks and must have completed 4 years B.A.Ed. B.Sc.Ed from a UGC-recognized university/institution. OR
- Must have completed Intermediate with 50% marks and 4 years in B.El.Ed in Primary Education. OR
- Must have completed Bachelor’s Degree from UGC-recognized University with 45% marks and a B.Ed Degree.
- Candidates must have attained 21 years and must not have attained 40 years of age. Applicable for all general category candidates.
- 5 years is the upper age relaxation for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
- 15 years is the upper age limit relaxation for candidates belonging to the PwD category.
Note: All the candidates must be UPTET/CTET qualified to be eligible to apply for Super TET Examination.
The final merit list/cut-off is calculated based on the formula given below:
|Super TET written examination||Weightage – 60 %|
|High School||Weightage – 10 %|
|Intermediate||Weightage – 10 %|
|Graduation||Weightage – 10 %|
|Teacher’s Training||Weightage – 10 %|
What Is the Examination Pattern for Super TET?
It is important for all the candidates to be familiar with the examination pattern before applying for this examination. It will be easier for the candidates to crack this examination once they have understood the examination pattern. The examination pattern for Super TET is given below:
- The examination will be in objective format, i.e., Multiple Choice Questions will be asked.
- The total number of questions asked is 150.
- Total marks: 150
- There will be 2 Sections:
- First Section is compulsory and the same for all the candidates, and questions in this section will be asked from General Knowledge, Reasoning, & Current Affairs.
- Second Section is the main subject in which questions will be based on the subject chosen in the application form. For example, subjects like Language, Social Studies, Mathematics, & Science.
What Are the Qualifying Marks in Super TET?
Super TET qualifying marks are determined by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board. They are calculated based on certain factors such as the number of vacancies, the difficulty level of examination, etc., but based on the previous trends, a general category candidate must score at least 65% marks to be able to see their name in the final merit list.
Join BYJU’S Exam Prep with a positive attitude for the right approach and achieve success. Prepare for Super TET by enrolling in our online program. We wish all the aspirants best of luck.