Employee scheduling is one of the most difficult aspects of running a restaurant, or any business for that matter. There are a lot of things to consider, and you need to make sure your business is functioning well.
Creating a work schedule more efficiently is an option. Pen and paper, for example, is a proven method. But these days, the most efficient is the use of free roster software.
Free roster software has several advantages. A look at some of the software’s most impressive capabilities:
- Save Your Schedule
Saves your schedule as soon as you make one. For example, you can utilize the schedule from a prior week and make any necessary modifications, such as requesting time off before sending out the new schedule.
- Instantly Distribute Your Schedule
When you send the schedule electronically, it is instantly distributed. Employees need not be hunted down to make sure they are aware of the new work schedule. Schedules are sent and received instantly when using computer software.
- Make Fast Changes
You may make any essential changes fast and easily with this tool. After the adjustments have been completed, a new version of the schedule can be sent out immediately.
- Save Money
Reduce the amount of paper you use and you’ll save money in the long run. As a result, both the economy and the environment benefit.
It is possible to acquire all of these benefits even with the most simple software. Industry-specific advanced software, on the other hand, is significantly more powerful.
As a result, the software is superior to pen and paper because it offers all the benefits of the former while also providing new ones. In long run, adopting free roster software will save you both time and money.
What Should You Look For In Free Staff Rostering Software
Numerous considerations must be made when putting together your daily or weekly itinerary. Free staff roster software worth its salt should take into consideration the shifting elements.
Your personnel roster software should be able to accommodate these factors.
- Various Demands of Your business at Every Shift. On a weeknight, you may only need four servers on the floor; yet, on a Friday or Saturday night, you may require ten.
- Staff Availability. Some people are only able to work at night, while others are only available during the day. Part-time and full-time employees should both be taken into account when allocating shifts, and the proper number of hours should be allotted to each.
- The positions in which each person is competent to perform. Employees may be able to fill many roles, such as host or busser for example. You don’t want to book someone for a position for which they aren’t qualified, however. Make sure there isn’t a busser behind the counter.
- Requests for Leave. This one has the potential to cause major disruption to your plans. If several of your strongest employees have requested time off at the same time, setting the work plan gets more challenging.
- Special events may alter the number of employees you need for a given shift. Everything from holidays to local festivals to graduation weekends to national athletic events needs to be taken into account.
In addition to all of this, the best employee roster software should notify you if an issue arises. It should be made known if an employee is scheduled for too many shifts and will be working overtime, for example.