After high school, Indian students who desire to study in the UK have several of possibilities. The UK provides a wide variety of undergraduate programmes and is home to some of the greatest universities in the world. After high school, students in the UK have a variety of options, including social sciences, fashion, the arts, engineering, and more. Students pursuing higher education in the UK have access to high-quality instruction and degrees that are recognised throughout the world, which can help them build a lucrative career.
But before that, are you preparing for IELTS? That will be required for your admission in the UK. If you haven’t started preparing for it yet, it is your cue to take IELTS coaching online from trusted brands like AbroAdvice.com.
Also, you should signup with some consultancy to get more detailed guidance with foreign admission. AbroAdvice has gained popularity as Study abroad consultant and you can try their services. But now let’s give you a brief on how to get admission in UK universities after 12th.
After graduating from high school, students who choose to continue their education in the UK must be familiar with the application requirements, admissions procedure, and schedule. Following their 12th grade, Indian students must meet the following conditions in order to study in the UK:
The programme and university you are enrolling to will specify the prerequisites and eligibility requirements for studying in the UK. For an Indian student to study in the UK, the following prerequisites must be met:
- Student must be at least 18 years old.
- Students must have received their 10+2 diploma from an Indian educational board that is recognised.
- Students interested in studying science and business should have between 70 and 80 percent in their 12th grade class. A student should earn at least 65% in their humanities classes at the end of their 12th year. Students who are interested in foundational and diploma programmes must have at least 60% in their classes.
- Students must have submitted a SOP, recommendation letter, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or other language competence exam.
Documents You Need
If you are an Indian student who wishes to pursue higher education in the UK, there are some important documents you will need to prepare and submit as part of your university application. The documents required for admission may vary depending on the university and the course you are applying for, but generally, the following documents are considered vital for admission to UK universities:
- Academic Records: You will be required to submit all of your academic records, including transcripts, certificates, and degrees. This is an important document that helps the university assess your academic background and determine your eligibility for the course.
- Evidence of Funds: You will need to provide evidence that you have enough funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of the course. This document is important as it helps the university ensure that you can sustain yourself during your studies.
- Official Copies of 10th and 12th Grade Transcript: You will need to submit official copies of your 10th and 12th-grade transcripts. These documents provide information about your academic performance in high school and are used by the university to evaluate your suitability for the course.
- Evidence of IELTS or TOEFL Results: You will be required to provide evidence of your English language proficiency by submitting your IELTS or TOEFL scores. This document is important as it is used by the university to determine your ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) Essay or Resume: You will need to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) essay or resume that highlights your academic achievements, career goals, and reasons for applying to the course. This document is important as it helps the university understand your motivation for pursuing the course.
- Recommendation Letter: You will need to provide a recommendation letter from a teacher, employer, or academic advisor who can vouch for your academic abilities and potential. This document is important as it provides an external perspective on your academic performance.
- Acceptable Portfolio: If you are applying for a course in design, art, or architecture, you will need to submit an acceptable portfolio of your work. This document is important as it helps the university assess your creative abilities and potential.
Make sure you have all of these documents ready and in order before submitting your application. This will ensure that your application is complete and that you have the best chance of being accepted into your desired program.
If you are planning to apply to UK universities, you should make sure that all your paperwork is prepared beforehand. The UCAS application website is widely used for undergraduate applications to UK universities. In the UK, the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) is responsible for collecting undergraduate applications and forwarding them to the relevant universities. With UCAS, you can submit a single application to up to five universities.
International students have several options for enrolling in UK universities, including January, September, and May intakes. Choose the intake that corresponds to your preferred programme and submit your application before the deadline.
After receiving an acceptance letter from a university, you will have to apply for a student visa. To be eligible for a UK study visa, you must satisfy the requirements after completing your twelfth grade.