In the world of healthcare, the cost of knee replacement can vary from city to city, especially in a country like India. Understanding these differences is essential for people looking for effective and affordable solutions to conditions like arthritis and other diseases of joints.
Let’s discuss the cost for Knee Replacement in India and the cost difference between different cities. This information is helpful for patients and their accessibility to this procedure.
Differences in Costs Across Cities:
The cost of Knee Replacement in India is not the same everywhere. Usually, big cities in India have more costs for the same procedure due to their highly advanced techniques and equipment used in the procedure.
Let’s take a look at the approximate cost range for Knee Replacement in some major cities:
- New Delhi: 176,335 to 275,805 INR
- Gurgaon: 180,856 to 271,284 INR
- Noida: 169,553 to 282,588 INR
- Chennai: 180,856 to 259,981 INR
- Mumbai: 185,377 to 275,805 INR
- Bangalore: 176,335 to 266,763 INR
- Kolkata: 169,553 to 255,459 INR
- Jaipur: 158,249 to 253,198 INR
- Mohali: 162,770 to 384,319 INR
- Ahmedabad: 151,467 to 250,938 INR
- Hyderabad: 174,074 to 264,502 INR
Knowing these differences is important for patients to make decisions according to their budget and preferences.
Partial Knee Replacement in India:
Some diseases of joints decrease the life quality of patients severely due to the pain and limited activity. For example, arthritis is a condition in which a patient complains about severe pain in the knee. When the pain cannot be treated with medications or physiotherapy, then a knee replacement procedure is performed. Partial Knee Replacement in India has become a standard choice for patients with partially damaged knees. It involves a smaller incision and faster recovery compared to traditional joint replacement where the whole knee is replaced with an artificial knee. It is also known as unicompartmental knee replacement or minimally invasive knee replacement surgery.
Understanding the Procedure:
Partial Knee Replacement, or unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, is a surgical option for treating diseases of knee joints such as arthritis or osteoarthritis. this surgery selectively treats the most affected areas of the knee joint Instead of replacing the entire knee joint, as in total knee replacement. This personalized approach minimizes the chances of damage to healthy tissue which is also helpful to a quicker recovery.
Indications for Partial Knee Replacement:
At first, doctors usually try non-surgical options for the treatment of knee pain such as medicine, injections, and physical therapy. However, if severe arthritis persists and affects the quality of life of the patient, Partial Knee Replacement Surgery becomes a feasible option. Some of the indications for partial knee replacement are as follows:
- Persistent Knee Pain: If knee pain affects sleep quality at night and does not improve with other treatments, then surgery is recommended.
- Daily Activity Limitations: Knee pain that affects daily activities like bathing, cooking, and stair climbing can also be treated with knee replacement.
- Specific Conditions: The procedure may also be recommended for specific conditions like avascular and aseptic necrosis, knee deformity, and osteomalacia.
In conclusion, understanding the cost differences of Partial Knee Replacement in India in various cities allows patients to make informed healthcare decisions. This surgery provides a personalized solution for severe arthritis which offers improved mobility and a better quality of life.