The eLearning management system has changed the entire scenario of online education, making digital learning comfortable for students, teachers, parents. The main advantage is that you are not spending a lot of time traveling and you can access any course from anywhere in the world. It is one of the major advantages of shifting things to a digital platform.
The same digital platform that makes things easy also makes it difficult for some people because they cannot figure out how things work. For example, if you go up to an old educator who has been here in the traditional format for a long time, you will not go far with online learning and they might reject it altogether in some cases, since learning it is so difficult. This is because they were not born with technology and their learning capacity is now not as much as it used to be when they were younger. They wouldn’t even know LMS full form, let alone utilize it for day-to-day classes.
You need to know more than ERP full form, being thorough with its features, advantages, alternatives, and drawbacks helps you absorb positive qualities of it and tackle the negative ones.
Hence, a learning management system and ERP can be challenging too. Here are the most commonly faced challenges, and ways to overcome them.
Challenges of a learning management system
- Inefficient training: A teacher is incapable of holding classes for learning management systems simply because they were not trained enough. It is as simple as using a social media app or website. Everyone can do that, provided they are accustomed to it.
- Personalization: Every teacher has a unique way of taking classes, and in a traditional classroom they were capable of conducting their sessions in whichever way they like. The lack of personalization and customization in a learning management system does not allow flexibility in teaching procedures.
- Interaction: Interaction is no more possible smoothly because teachers cannot see beyond the screen. Students commonly switch off their cameras and mostly switch off their mic so that the background noises cannot interrupt the teaching process of a teacher.
- Content and course management: Content management is the act of arranging resources that are applicable in a classroom, which is available for students and teachers, before and after a class. All of these are uploaded to the learning management system. However, it is difficult to manage and maintain them because of the number of assignments, resources, and data uploaded.
Overcoming the challenges
- Strategically training: All the teachers, mentors and educators should be prepared not only mentally, but also tactically to use learning management software efficiently. If they can do it properly, they can teach their students also about the features so that the learning process becomes easier command instead of focusing on the challenges, they focus on the subject. After all, the goal of an educator is to eliminate as many distractions as possible, and the challenges of using a learning management system are one huge distraction.
- Proper school leadership: School leadership is understanding the needs of students and teachers, and organizing to set up a website or learning management software that caters to the particular needs. If it is a Medical College, only theoretical subjects are taught through online mediums. This means that the Medical College has multiple features arranged for only online assignment submissions. With proper arrangement, faculty, and convenience provided by the school or college, they can lead students and teachers towards a better future using minimum effort and maximum efficiency to get teaching and learning done.
- Understanding the school culture: Sometimes the culture of a school is not to submit assignments on time but to understand the notes and respond in a class. Although some assignments and projects carry great weight if not every educational institution focuses on it. Hence, based on the culture of a school, the learning management software should be customized.
- Frequent use of learning management software: Using all the features of a learning management system helps teachers discover new ways of using their personalized method of teaching, and become comfortable with all the available features. For example, if a teacher keeps going through the features and using them, they might discover new ways of performing some activities in the system in an easier way.