Walking through the lanes of healthcare awareness, now dental care has taken a major place pulling in more demand and thus highlighting a great career scope for dental education graduates.
If you are planning to make your first dental education step or planning to update your BDS degree with an MDS, then let this article help you find the right dental college and hospital for you.
This article will brush through the available dental courses from the undergraduate level and guide you in finding the right dental college.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS:
● Range of dental courses offered in India
● Guide to finding the right dental college
● Top dental colleges in India
Range of dental courses offered in India:
India has more than 450 dental colleges that offer a range of dental courses. Top colleges like Mansarovar Dental College, one of the leading dental colleges in Bhopal, and many others offer undergraduate and postgraduate dental courses for students. Let us know more about these courses here.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS):
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is the undergraduate dental course towards the dental profession offered in renowned colleges like Mansarovar Dental College, one of the best dental colleges in MP, that can be pursued after 12th grade, here are further details about the course:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|BDS is a dental degree course that focuses on educating dental medical practices, procedures, techniques, and much more which are to be applied in treating dental ailments and maintaining dental hygiene.
4 years + 1 year of compulsory rotatory internship.
|The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue BDS at any top college like Mansarovar Dental College Bhopal, and others are as follows:
● Candidates’ age should be a minimum of 17 years of age.
● Candidates should have completed 10+2 with physics, chemistry, and biology as compulsory subjects.
● Candidates should have a minimum of 50% aggregate in 10+2
|Admission to BDS at any dental college like Mansarovar Dental College, one of the best dental colleges in India requires NEET qualified score.
|Average Course Fee
|INR 1 – 6 LPA
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS):
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) is an advanced level dental course offered in renowned colleges like Mansarovar Dental College, the leading dental college and hospital in India, that can be pursued after BDS here are further details about the course:
|Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
|MDS course is centralized on preparing BDS graduates in specific dental specialities. This course focuses on providing in-depth knowledge about advanced dental practices and innovative technologies related to the dental sector.
|The general eligibility criteria to pursue an MDS at top colleges like MDC, one of the best dental colleges in Bhopal and others are as follows:
● Graduation in Bachelor of Dental Surgery(BDS) from any DCI-approved college.
● At least 50% aggregate score in BDS
● Students who have completed a graduate diploma in dental surgery as recognized by the Dental Council of India can also apply for MDS.
|Admission to MDS courses at top colleges like Mansarovar Dental College, one of the best dental colleges in MP, and others are provided mostly based on NEET-PG score.
|Average Course Fee
|INR 2-10 LPA
Now, let us get into the guide to finding the right dental college for you.
Guide to finding the right dental college:
Finding the right dental college and hospital that offers remarkable dental education is the crucial step to a better dental career. So, here is the guide to finding the right dental college for you.
Start with making the list of dental colleges by following criteria such as location, popularity, etc. This could be the best way to start.
With your prepared list, it is time to check for certain factors. Check for the following factors.
- Accreditation – Any dental college and hospital should be accredited by the Dental Council of India to be able to provide dental education.
- Affiliations – Affiliations are the ideal way to identify the best dental colleges as they highlight the standard of education. So check for it.
- Curriculum – The curriculum of the course is standard as per DCI, yet the model of teaching them differs among colleges. So analyse the curriculum, and teaching module that includes practical training sessions, internships, etc.
- Infrastructure – Infrastructure both in technical and non-technical means is essential to be considered when choosing the right dental college. Check for lab facilities, libraries, smart classrooms, and much more while choosing the college.
- Fee structure – Analyse the fee structure of the course at your listed colleges to check affordability. Also, check for scholarships if available.
On checking all these factors, you will be able to find the right dental college and hospital that extends potential dental education.
Here are some suggestions on the top dental colleges in India.
Top dental colleges in India:
|Top dental colleges in India
|Average Course Fee for BDS
|Average Course Fee for MDS
|Mansarovar Dental College
|INR 3.75 LPA
|INR 4.95 LPA
|Faculty of Dental Sciences, IMS BHU
|Below INR 1 LPA
|INR 22,860 PA
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi
|INR 4,120 PA
|INR 15,600 PA
|Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
|INR 3.2 LPA
|INR 1.8 LPA
Hope these suggestions help you in landing on the right dental college for the right dental education.
Dental education needs the utmost quality and support for a brighter future, and this can be made possible by finding the best dental college and hospital. Following the above guide will surely help you identify your ideal dental college that in turn will guide you towards a bright dental career.
- How to choose a BDS college?
To choose a BDS college check for factors such as accreditation, affiliation, curriculum, lab facilities, fee structure, etc. It is important to analyse these factors while choosing the right dental college.
2. What is the qualification for BDS in NEET?
The basic qualification required to appear in NEET for BDS is that the candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination in any board with physics, chemistry, and biology as compulsory subjects with an aggregate of 45% in compulsory subjects.
3. What is the average fee for a BDS course?
Average fees for a BDS degree will be between INR 50,000 to INR 4 LPA.
4. Can BDS graduates be called doctors?
BDS graduates are actually to be called dental surgeons but not doctors. But there is no restriction on using a doctor before their name.